- We believe that 'exceptional' architecture can emerge from the constraints of every site, brief and budget.
- We believe in playful experimentation backed up by serious research.
- We believe that beautiful buildings improve peoples lives, and relate positively to the environment.
- We like to relate our buildings to local history, landscape, culture and microclimate, and work positively with local authorities and community interest groups.
- We understand that effective management, and relationship building is essential in the realisation of well crafted buildings.
We would love to hear about your project.
Please get in touch for an informal consultation. We have experience of a broad range of project types, please refer to our current projects for more information.
T: 01462 236866
- High quality architectural design (new build and conversions)
- Interior design and fit out
- Sustainable design appraisals.
- Furniture and bespoke joinery design
- Site appraisals and brief development
- Feasibility and capacity studies
- Planning Applications
- (incl. Conservation Areas / Listed Buildings)
- Building Control Applications
- Specialist technical design and specifications
- Site inspections and contract administration
2013 - Scottish Design Awards Grand Prix
2012 - Architects Journal small projects award shortlist
2011 - RIAS regional award shortlisting
Michael Collins, RIBA, ARB, RIAS sustainable Accredited Architect
Michael spent over ten years leading award winning projects for nationally recognised architecture practices in London and Edinburgh. Michael is one of only thirty RIAS Sustainable Accredited Architects, and combines practice with research and teaching, currently teaching at the Bartlett UCL, and lecturing at Leeds University.
As an Associate at Stirling Award nominated Niall McLaughlin Architects, Michael was the project architect responsible for the delivery of a new drama school theatre for the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, and the development of a new visitor masterplan for Bushmills Distillery in Northern Ireland. At Oliver Chapman Architects, Edinburgh, Michael led the design and delivery of the Kelpies visitor cafe, the award winning Skerrie house, and the practices highly acclaimed affordable housing projects. Abroad Michael worked at practices in Melbourne and Santiago Chile.
Michael studied at Edinburgh university and ETSA Barcelona, graduating with a 1st class honours and a Masters with distinction. Since 2011 Michael has taught at Edinburgh University Architecture department as well as lecturing as part of the Universities MSC Latin American Cities Programme. Michael is currently a doctoral researcher at the University of Cambridge.
Anna Collins, BA Hons, Prince 2
Anna has over ten years experience of capital project leadership consultancy, and project management within the arts , culture and sport sector.
In 2012 and 2014 she led the design and delivery phases of key London Olympic and Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Competition venues, both of which had significant fit outs and builds. More recently, Anna was Project Director for The Guardian News & Media Group for the Midlands Goodshed Kings Cross. Currently anna is leading the client side delivery of Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts for their new £20m drama school in Peckham. Anna leads the practice management but also offers a specialist project management and consultancy service for clients undertaking building and refurbishment projects from feasibility stages through to delivery and operations.